Vegan Chocolate Cake
Just because you choose to follow a vegan diet does not mean you have to miss out on sweets. Here is how to make your very own vegan chocolate cake.
How To Make Vegan Chocolate Cake
It takes a lot of ingredients to make a vegan chocolate cake, so you will want to gather up all the ingredients together before you get started. You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup brewed coffee
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 ½ cups applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
*Try to use unsweetened almond milk, applesauce, and cocoa powder if possible. This will create a more tasty cake.
Once you have all the ingredients together, you are ready to make the cake by following the directions below:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the vinegar and almond milk. Allow these two ingredients to sit for a few minutes.
- While they are sitting, spray nonstick spray on two 8-inch round cake pans, and then dust the pans with cocoa powder for a little extra chocolate taste.
- Then, go back to the mixing bowl and add in the brewed coffee, canola oil, applesauce, and vanilla extract. You will want to use a whisk and stir until the mixture is foamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda). Then, slowly add the dry mixture to the large mixing bowl. Stir until the mixture is smooth again.
- Pour half of the mixture into each pan and let it cook in your 350-degree oven for 25–30 minutes.
Once the cake is out of the oven, you should let it cool off before you frost it. If you frost the cake before it is cool, the frosting will just melt and drip all over the place. You can frost it with your favorite frosting recipe.
If you feel like being adventurous, instead of frosting, you can drizzle melted chocolate and caramel on top of your vegan chocolate cake.
Either way, you really can't go wrong. This cake is delicious and moist. You would guess that you were eating a cake from a place like Amandine Bakery if you hadn't baked it yourself!